Being a new blogger, I’ve been looking for ways to introduce myself, make my blog a little more personal, and break up the bookish content throughout the month. I did a little digging and found the Behind the Blogger tag, which I found through Kaleena at Reader Voracious and Charlotte Annelise, and which was originally created by Ellyn at Allonsythornraxx. I wasn’t tagged to do this post, but hopefully it’s okay that I’m choosing to answer its questions anyway!
1. Why did you start blogging and why have you kept blogging?
A couple reasons. It’s always been in the back of my mind as something I’d love pursuing but never really had anything to blog ABOUT. Then, this year I set a reading goal for myself of 52 books. I needed a way to track that reading, a place to keep my thoughts on all of the books I read, and something to reference when people in my real life ask me for book recommendations in the future. I figured now was as good of a time as ever to start a blog!
2. What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
So far I’ve only written two monthly wrap-ups and one monthly TBR… so that doesn’t leave me much to pick from, haha. But so far I really enjoy my monthly wrap-ups! It’s fun to compare all of the books I read in a given month, and it’s an easy way to give a lot of book recommendations in one place. I foresee myself writing monthly wrap-ups long into the future!
3. What are your top 3 favorite blog posts?
I know that this answer is supposed to be my top three faves that I’ve posted… but again, I only have three posts total and it would be a little sad to rank those! So instead, below are three favorite posts I have recently found from OTHER bloggers! 🙂
- Seasonal Posts: post ideas for book bloggers all year around, month-by-month, written by Naty from Naty’s Bookshelf. I plan to use a lot of these post ideas within the year to come!!
- How to Get ARC and Review Copies of Books – All You Need to Know, written by Harini from Books and Readers. This is an older post (from 2017), but I recently found it in a search and think it is an incredible, all-inclusive list that will absolutely come in handy for me as a new blogger!
- Simple DIY Bookmarks, written by Alphe from Alphe’s Corner. These are just so cute!!
4. What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
Other than reading (because duh), I love crafting! There is something about the monotonous work of macrame or knitting that I find SUPER relaxing. Plus I can watch TV or listen to podcasts or audiobooks while I do it! I also love watching competition reality TV shows – my favorites are the Bachelor/Bachelorette, the Challenge, Survivor, and the Amazing Race.
5. What are 3 of your favorite things?
In no particular order… Halo Top ice cream, CiCi’s mac & cheese pizza, and my family.
6. What are your proudest blogging moments?
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
Crafting, playing sports (softball and volleyball mainly), playing with babies.
8. Describe your personality in 3 words.
Introverted, organized, stubborn.
9. What are your top 3 pet peeves?
Hypocriticism, people who care too much about other people’s lives, people who care too much about what OTHER people think about THEIR lives.
10. What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
I’ve said a couple times in this post that I’m a crafter on top of a reader… but followers probably don’t know that I have an Etsy shop for my macrame creations! If interested, shop here!
I’m not going to tag anyone in this post, but I would love to know any of your answers below in the comments, or see your own post on this tag! Thanks for stopping by!