Thanks so much to BW Reviews for tagging/nominating me for this!! Love your blog and the advice you gave 🙂
- Thank the blogger that nominated you.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog letting them know you’ve nominated them and provide a link to the post you’ve created.
How My Blog Started
This year is the first year I’ve set a serious reading goal for myself – 52 books, way more than I’ve read in recent years combined. I wanted a way to keep track of the books I read and my thoughts on them, all in one place. Originally I had planned on posting them to Twitter, but really quickly I realized I needed more space than 280 characters can provide. So I started a blog, and after browsing other blogs I found a whole bunch of other things I wanted to write than just monthly wrap-ups. Only about a month and a half later, I’ve found my groove with about 3 bookish posts a week!
Advice to New Bloggers
I’m still VERY new at this, so feel free to take with a grain of salt 🙂
- Create a schedule! It helps so much when starting out to keep you on track for monthly posts (wrap-ups, TBRs, etc.) but then also shows you exactly how many other posts you need to plan ahead for any given week or month. I think a lot of new bloggers are nervous to create a posting schedule for the fear that it will create unneccessary pressure to post when you’re out of ideas, but for me it was the opposite – I had too many ideas when I was brand new, and a schedule helped me properly space them out and get used to scheduling posts on certain days. And if I need to skip a day every now and then, it’s easier not to sweat it when I’ve got a schedule in place and a plan to get back on track with regular posts.
- Blog hop not only to find new blogs to follow (and hopefully get some to follow you back), but also to get blogging inspiration! It can be easy to fall into a rut with the same ideas, same posts, same layouts week after week. But there are sooo many creative bloggers out there to pull inspiration from – and they would love a shout-out if you do decide to post something similar to what they have done!
My Nominations for the Blogger Recognition Award
I only have 10, but you all rock! Thanks for showing me the way!!