Biiig thanks to Bookishly Rebecca for tagging me in her fun post, the Book Addiction Tag! I always love learning about others’ reading habits, so hopefully this is interesting to some of you!
1. WHAT IS THE LONGEST AMOUNT OF TIME YOU CAN COMFORTABLY GO WITHOUT PICKING UP A BOOK?
Well… up until this year, I had probably gone 3 or 4 years without picking up a book for leisure, and even at that point I was mainly listening to audiobooks. So a pretty long time! This year, which I’ve dedicated to reading, the longest I think I’ve gone without reading anything was about 2 weeks, and it felt very uncomfortable.
2. HOW MANY BOOKS DO YOU CARRY ON YOUR PERSON (OR KINDLE) AT ANY ONE TIME?
Usually none, unless I know I’ll be spending a lot of time waiting somewhere and will have time to read.
3. DO YOU KEEP EVERY BOOK YOU BUY/RECEIVE OR ARE YOU HAPPY TO PASS THEM ON TO MAKE SPACE FOR MORE?
This year is the first year I’ve started building up my book collection, and my husband and I would love to have a big library in our house some day. But I think I’d still be happy to pass on books I have no desire to read again or recommend to someone else.
4. HOW LONG WOULD YOU SPEND IN A BOOKSHOP ON A STANDARD VISIT?
I don’t usually visit bookstores unless I know I’ve got a good chunk of time to dedicate to browsing, so I’d say on average probably 30 minutes to an hour!
5. HOW MUCH TIME PER DAY DO YOU ACTUALLY SPEND READING?
When I’m really in the groove, I’ll spend 1-2 hours reading every night. I’m definitely a habitual reader and prefer reading a little bit every day than reading a whole bunch just one or two days a week, so I try to get 30 minutes in at a minimum.
6. WHERE DOES THE TASK ‘PICKING UP A BOOK’ APPEAR ON YOUR DAILY TO-DO LIST?
Pretty much at the bottom – I’m a nighttime reader!
7. HOW MANY BOOKS DO YOU RECKON YOU OWN IN TOTAL (INCLUDING EBOOKS)?
I’ve mentioned before that I’m a spreadsheet lover… so of course I have a spreadsheet for all of the books I own 🙂 Between both my husband and I, we own 123 physical books. On top of that I think I only have about 4 ebook titles and maybe 10 or 12 audiobooks.
8. APPROXIMATELY HOW OFTEN DO YOU BRING UP BOOKS IN CONVERSATION?
Very rarely. Hence the blog so I actually have a place to keep bookish thoughts!
9. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST BOOK (PAGE COUNT) YOU HAVE FINISHED READING?
I’ve only started keeping track of page counts this year… and so far the longest book I’ve completed is Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians #3) by Kevin Kwan, which is 541 pages.
10. IS THERE A BOOK YOU HAD TO GET YOUR HANDS ON AGAINST ALL ODDS (I.E., SEARCHING BOOKSHOPS, ONLINE DIGGING, ETC)?
Not that I can think of…
11. A BOOK YOU STRUGGLED TO FINISH BUT REFUSED TO DNF?
I pretty much refuse to DNF any books… but the most recent book I completely struggled to get through was The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon.
12. WHAT ARE THREE OF YOUR MAIN BOOK GOALS FOR 2019?
- Finish 52 books (currently at 37!)
- Read an equal amount of fiction and nonfiction books
- Read an equal or greater number of female authors than male!
13. HAVE YOU EVER HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF CONVERTING SOMEONE INTO A READER (MAYBE VIA INSPIRATION OR INCESSANT NAGGING)?
I really don’t think so, unless someone from my personal life has seen my Twitter reading updates and been inspired to pick up a book 🙂
14. DESCRIBE WHAT BOOKS MEAN TO YOU IN FIVE WORDS
Valuable insight to other lives.
I tag the 6 lovely bloggers below!
Kayla at Books and Blends
Angelica at The Book Cover Girl
Jessica at Reading with Jessica
Amy at A Court of Crowns and Quills
Ashley at What’s She Reading?
Jenna at Bookmark Your Thoughts